- Closing date: 14/12/2019
- Salary: D.O.E
- Location: In-House
- Contract Type: Permanent
We have a very exciting and rare opportunity for a talented individual to join our experienced team.
Funko Animation Studios are an awarding winning animation production company based in the heart of Bath; we produce work of the very highest calibre. In recent years Funko has become established as a global pop culture phenomenon; working with Lucas Films, Marvel, Disney, DC Comics, Warner Bros, and Microsoft. The animated content produced at Funko Animation Studios in Bath heralds a new era of original Funko animation.
We are looking for a talented Mid-Level Generalist to join our studio in the world heritage city of Bath. We’re looking for a Generalist who is experienced predominantly working in Lighting and Rendering, however the role may also require an element of Modelling and Texturing working knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have (essential):
• A minimum of two years industry experience
• Must possess strong communication skills to communicate effectively within your team, with the ability to receive and process feedback in a rational and forward-thinking manner
• Have a can-do attitude with the ability to work well under pressure to achieve specific deadlines
Key aspects of the role include (but are not limited to):
• Problem solving
• Delivery of project targets to the highest possible standards
Lighting and Rendering:
• Preparation of render layers as required from the Compositing department
• Render management; starting and quality checking
• Strong understanding of lighting and composition
• The ability to maintain the desired artistic style and mood of a given project in alignment with the defined visual style and references set by the director or assistant director
Texturing and Modelling:
• Create models and assets as desired according to developed concept or reference guidelines
• Create UVs as required for selected objects
• Create textures and shaders as required according to brief or project specifications
• Create FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
• Experience with MEL and Python is a bonus, but not essential
• Technical Skills
• Fluent in Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop
• Fluent in Redshift or similar
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to work full-time, in-house at our studio located in Bath, UK.
START DATE – ASAP
SALARY – DOE
CONTRACT – Full-time, in-house