- Closing date: 17/01/2020
- Salary: D.O.E
- Location: In-House
- Contract Type: Permanent
We have a very exciting and rare opportunity for a talented individual to join our experienced team.
Funko Animation Studios are an awarding winning animation production company based in the heart of Bath; we produce work of the very highest calibre. In recent years Funko has become established as a global pop culture phenomenon; working with Lucas Films, Marvel, Disney, DC Comics, Warner Bros, and Microsoft. The animated content produced at Funko Animation Studios in Bath heralds a new era of original Funko animation.
We are looking for an Assistant Director to work alongside our Directors in our Creative and Design department. They will have the opportunity to learn all the tricks of the trade, with the end goal to work their way up to become a fully-fledged Director in their own right.
Main responsibilities include:
• Helping to come up with exciting ideas and narratives for jobs
• Gathering reference material to help direct the modelling and lighting team
• Finding specific reference material for any effects that need to be created by the Compositing and CG team
• Directing animators
The ideal candidate will have:
• A strong interest in storytelling, film language and animation design
• Have directed a short-animated film
• Be an excellent communicator
• Have strong drawing skills
• Experience in directing a team preferred but not essential
• An understanding of the animation pipeline and workflow
• Experience in CG a bonus but not essential
• A proven career history in a similar role
• 3 to 5 years minimum work experience in the Animation industry. This role is NOT suitable for a recent graduate
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to work full-time, in-house at our studio located in Bath, UK.
START DATE – ASAP
SALARY – DOE
CONTRACT – Full-time, in-house